Equinox™ Stabilizer 15 maximizes halogen stability in the presence of high halogen demand.
Through this fully reversible stabilization of the active ingredient, it
enhances biofilm control, ensuring fast-kill of planktonic bacteria as well as
promoting a reduction in corrosion. Implementation of Equinox™ Stabilizer 15
technology reduces the practice of excessive feed of chlorine and reduces
the production of unwanted disinfection by-products.
Benefits when used in the Papermaking process, in conjunction with hypochlorite:
- Significantly improves bacterial efficacy of hypochlorite solutions in pulp slurries
- Improves material integrity by lowering vapor phase corrosion compared to other halogen stabilization methods
- Lower equipment and maintenance
- Reduced oxidant reactions with
organics (e.g. with oil and other organics in steel processing)
- Lowers the consumption of
oxidizing compounds (as less readily consumed by organics)
- Reduces the predisposition for
- Product is applied via a dosing pump; no specialized feeders required